Monday

VISITATION

After 5 years I visited Ghana; my place of birth
I was super excited for the holiday, most importantly, I was very eager to produce work.

I had forgotten what how different everything was. 
The air
The environment
The people

I intended to find interesting faces to paint, specifically from the north. This was because I knew I will find a lot of people with scars and facial marks. As a painter, I have always been interested in colour, especially colour in the human figure. Unfortunately I was unable to make to make the trip to the Northern part of Ghana

As an artist, I have always had a problem; which I think might be an advantage as well; to illustrate and plan an image of what I want to paint. This can be a problem in the sense that, I do not give room for my research to divert or grow into something else. This somehow makes my making and thinking process lengthy, but eventually becomes worth it.




1 comment:

  1. Stalking your blog. So my mum is an Akussah, and I'm constantly seizing any opportunity I get to be in touch with our numerous relatives who have migrated to other places. Trust you know Grandpa Francis, Hope, Basil, Coney, Tony etc.
    Send me an email at Senaaffadu@outlook.com
    Looking forward to reading that mail

    ReplyDelete