Saturday

THE SUBJECT OF IMMIGRATION AND IDENTITY

On the subject of identity and migration , I have been thinking of the idea of having every detail about an individual, yet no facial identity to match it; gathering  the subject of discrimination and possibly race as well religion.My thoughts also address the stigmatisation of how people from certain countries look like.

The idea that if someone does not have a passport, they don't have an identity. I question the real purpose of visas as well as their structure. Particularly with certain African countries, where I believe they are a capitalist means of exploiting their citizens with the ''Yankee'' dream.


 ''Its not just security, its defence '' 

The phrase ''Erasing Borders'' is one that keeps ringing in my ears 

I have decided to scrutinise all the passports and any form of identification for travel at home. Compare all of them and possibly make paintings from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment